1. First and foremost, before running to the store, you should choose a color scheme. Fall colors revolve around warmer reds, oranges, and browns. Although this is just a basic scheme, you can always change them to tailor your original living room décor. If you choose to go with the traditional colors, throw in some gold accent items to tie everything in for a polished look!
2. If you have trouble with inspiration, Pinterest and Instagram are my favorite Go-To sites to get fun and creative ideas from. Don’t be afraid to grab ideas and twist them into your own personal style. Writing your ideas down as you find/think of them will be the easiest way to know exactly what you’re looking for once you hit the store! Make a list of your favorite items and have a visual of where you want it to go in your home! Be sure to refer to that list once you’ve purchased everything so you can begin putting everything together!
3. Next up is the best part… SHOPPING! You can find most of your decorations at low or reasonable prices. I’ve listed a few of my favorite stores to go to and their insane sales! Even if you decide not to go crazy with decorations, you can get a few great things for not a lot of money.
• Hobby Lobby: BEST PLACE EVER!
o Every other week, they have a 50% off sale on all holiday/fall décor. You can order online or go to the store and pick out your favorite items! Sign up for their emails and keep track of that sale!
o Even if you miss the 50% off week, you automatically get 40% off one item!
• Target: One word—DOLLAR SECTION
o Their dollar section always correlates with the time of year. You’re sure to find cute accents to go with the rest of your décor.
• Dollar Tree: EVERYTHING IS $1
o Need I say more?! They have so much to choose from! You’re sure to add to your collection for such a small amount of money!
• Amazon: GO TO FOR ANYTHING
o Amazon never fails. Whether your looking for kitchen towels, or a whole pumpkin, you’re sure to find anything your looking for here!
Whether you’re a football fan, love hay rides, or you live for pumpkin spice lattes, this is everyone’s favorite time of year! I hope these tips will help you prepare for this season! Keep an eye out for our pumpkin decorating and DIY door wreath events! Follow us on social media: @thelodgesm to be updated with all things fall we have coming up!