First, here are some quick, easy ways to make your study experience less stressful than it should be. If you follow these, you’re sure to kick that final in the butt and get that grade you’ve been working for all semester!
• Stay ORGANIZED: keep a calendar, list, or whatever helps you keep track of your time. You will be able to manage your time, space, and ability to sort out multiple classes throughout the week
• Give yourself time: don’t wait until the last minute to start studying. Studying for 30 minutes a day for a long period of time has been proven to be more effective than studying for hours in just a couple of days.
• Find your study zone: figure out what works best for you. Is it your room? The library? Coffee shop? Wherever it is, make sure it’s truly a place you can completely focus and not get distracted.
To help ease the stress of finals week, we’ve planned tons of fun events for our residents here at The Lodge during that time! Below is the calendar for finals week!
• December 2: Breakfast-on-the-go
• December 3: Cookies & Cocoa in the office
• December 4: Pick up your Finals survival Kits
• December 5: Study with the staff
• December 6: S’mores in the office
• December 9: DIY Ornament decorating
• December 10: Study with the staff
• December 11: DIY Wreath
• December 12: Cake in the office to celebrate our grads & the end of finals!
Finals week can be the most hectic week of the year (especially in the fall). We want to do everything possible to support you and make it fun & easy to get a good grade! We know you can do it and we are looking forward to seeing everyone at our events! Happy studying!!